You are aware that unique sarees have been Odisha’s plus points. It has the finest handloom saree to offer the customers and one of them is the Hazar Buti saree with a lot of detailed work though the fabric. Running your eyes through the sarees, you will notice the intricate details of the saree. With this unique weaving work, the combination of colors are worth wearing for. The colors of the handloom saree are bold and gorgeous which elevates the beautiful work of Hazar Buti all over the saree.
As the name goes “Hazar Buti”, it refers to a lot of bootas worn all over the saree. Hazar means thousands and booti is bootas work. Hazarbooti saree is mostly seen in silk fabric, specifically tussar silk and mulberry silk. The bootas detail indone with the unique technique of Ikat. The wrap and weft technique creates the magic all over the aanchal and body. One saree has around 1000 boots making the perfect detailing creating magic. The motifs are of detailed turtles, fish and flowers over the checkered body. The beautiful body has an amazing border of the traditional temple motifs which brings more fascination to the saree.
These Hazar buti sarees are woven at the Nuapatna, Berhampur and are woven by famous weavers including national award winner artisan. The work that reflects on the saree is well contrasted with the color of the saree. This combination of colors and thousand motifs is a gorgeous saree to wear on parties, functions and parties. You can see a few of these beauties that IndianVillez offers.These sarees being weaved with Ikat technique and with very delicate fabrics and natural colors, need extra care.
- They have to be washed separately with a mild soap or else, the charm of the saree will vanish.
- If not sure of the washing procedure, better go for a dry clean.
- Do not dry them in direct sunlight. Sunlight is harmful for the colors of the saree. Rather dry them under a shade.
- Be careful while folding the saree to avoid crimps.
- Press the saree lightly to avoid burns or you can put a paper and press it lightly for safety.
- Always put naphthalene balls while storing the saree to avoid insects.